Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
This post reports to; Ground Operations Services Manager
Responsible for the ground support for Royal jet fleet operation as well as any other aircraft handled by Royal Jet at FBO /AUH /, to ensure on time dispatch standards, to monitor the ramp activities and arrange remedial actions. Ensure GSE are well maintained and do regular maintenance check.
To provide overall responsibility for safe and timely ground support for the aircraft, ensure timely implementation and completion of scheduled operations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ramp Service activities including the loading, un-loading, transportation of baggage, aircraft handling and any other assigned duties.
- Monitor all the flights schedules departures and arrivals and ensure that all activities are carried out as per the Royal Jet and various customer requirements, the Service Level Agreements and the “on time performance” (OTP) of flights are maintained.
- While ensuring compliance to the corporate safety standards & safe practices conduct preliminary investigations into any incidents / accidents and provide the operational management with reports of any / all irregularities faced.
- Complete all accident / incident reports relating to personnel, equipment operation, etc. Manage and motivate the performance and productivity of the teams within the specific area of responsibility, and collaborate with peers and different sections of ADIA Operations to achieve the most productive, cost effective and responsive quality solution for all activities and issues.
- Maintain regular co-ordination and communication with the other supervisors to ensure that all activities are synchronized, adequately covered, & that cross-utilization of resources is achieved where necessary. Proactively identify and deal with operational issues.
- Continuously review and manage all aspects of Royal Jet ramp operation and handling procedures to ensure that work methods and equipment / manpower levels are in line with budget guidelines and meet the business and customer requirement.
- Supervision and control of 24 hours operation and deliver onsite training where required.
- Responsible for the health and safety of all staff engaged in Ramp activities in Royal Jet ramp and associated areas; promoting a Royal Jet safety culture, educating and raising awareness and understanding through the most appropriate medium, ensuring adherence to Royal Jet values and culture, and being responsible for staff morale and welfare.
- Liaise with the Ground Operations Services Manager in terms of safety and Training to ensure effective scheduling and implementation of the requisite operational training to all operational staff as per the standards.
- Maintain Training files that contains staff training records and certificates.
- Test and recommend the staff for issuance of RJ GSE operating Permits.
- Responsible for the preparation of different type of reports as per job requirement and Ground Operations Services Manager instructions.
- Maintain staff details database and various data entries such as overtime, operational discrepancies, equipment breakdown details and GSE maintenance history (Job Cards etc…) .
Formal Education Required:
- High School or Diploma degree :
- Experience in FBO/ General Aviation/Ground handling in all areas in a major international airport. Well educated and trained in terms of A/C handling systems and GSE equipment’s.
- Should possess an in-depth knowledge of A/C handling systems and -
- GSE operating as well as Aviation Security, Health & Safety.
- Knowledge of functions and maneuverability of ground support loading equipment (theory, practical and basis knowledge of motor mechanics)
- High level of Computer literacy.
- Obtain Training that must include an apprenticeship or equivalent training in GSE operating with a ground handling agency or GSE manufacturers.
- Knowledgeable of GSE technical specifications.
- Safety and Security oriented personality.
- Leadership skills.
- Report writing.
- Expertise knowledge of Weights and Balances.
- Dangerous Goods Handling.
- Train the trainer.
- Live animals regulations.
Approximately 5 years of experience, with minimum of 2 years in supervisory post in aviation.