Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
This post reports to; Senior Manager Material Management
To assist the Senior Manager of Material in managing the purchasing system in a timely and cost effective manner for Royal Jet and Presidential Flight. Overseeing the Buyers in purchasing of aircraft materials and supply functions. Overseeing repair officers to ensure timely repair cycle and proper warranty administration. Liaise with all related departments like maintenance, MCC, QA and Finance of both organizations.
Duties and Responsibilities
Supervise the purchasing for Royal Jet and Presidential Flight spares and ensure they are actioned at the earliest in accordance with established policies, procedures and practices. (procurement)
- Co-ordinate & follow up AOG requirements by maintenance from outside sources to ensure smooth flow of material. Follow up on paperwork with management after the settlement of relevant AOG/queries.
- Understand user needs and convert them to meaningful specifications for procurement enquiry. (procurement)
- Reduce procurement time ensuring the correctness of enquires and therefore material purchase.
- Identify suppliers and build professional relationship with external suppliers, conducting reviews and benchmarking to ensure value for money and cost effectiveness
- Controlling all aspects of goods and services procurement in a way ensuring maximum cost savings are achieved.
- Effective negotiation and review of goods and services invoices from suppliers ensuring maximum cost savings are achieved.
- Control the major repairs Engines, APU’s, Landing Gear..etc. in a smooth and timely manner to ensuring maximum cost savings and avoid service disruption of the fleet.
- Coordinate with Finance department via invoice tracking system to ensure timely invoice processing and maintain good credit facility with suppliers.
- Liaise with users and suppliers on the modifications needed in installation for alternate materials chosen inclusive of technical procedures, drawings etc.
- Customization of computer system (TRAX) to cater for the needs of technical procurement, AOG requirements and repair/warranty handling
- Review draft contract documents for the procurement of major items like equipment, service contracts etc. (procurement)
- Maintain the procurement manual update as per changes discussed, approved and accepted. (procurement)
- Coordinate and arrange for warranty repair on equipment with user and efficiently manage the warranty agreement.
- Arrange and monitor the logistical aspects like letter of credit, freight, issuance, duty exemptions, complex material handling etc. to ensure an efficient supply chain management. (procurement).
- Ensure / provide info on pricing for budgetary purpose to other cost center holders for an efficient and well prepared budget of company with realistic pricing information. (procurement).
Formal Education Required: Educated to a minimum University degree level in Engineering, Operations or Business .
- Good negotiating skill at day to day level.
-Ability to change the strategy of procurement as per shifting market demands.
- Reasonable level of product/equipment/service knowledge to identify and approach the right sources in the market.
- At least 7- 8 years’ experience in aircraft spares procurement ,warehousing
University degree level in Engineering, Operations or Business