Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
This position reports to Superintendent
Ensure maintenance tasks and certification of Royal Jet aircraft during maintenance scheduled and unscheduled inputs are carried out to the highest standards of safety, quality and serviceability, in accordance with the correct and currently revised maintenance manuals and technical instructions.
Ensure appropriate applications of certification privileges in accordance with the limitations of Company and Local Regulatory Authorizations.
Supervision of Maintenance staff, allocated to him by the Duty Supervisor, to ensure safe and on time dispatch of aircraft under his control.
Accompany aircraft when away from base as Licensed Aircraft Engineer.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitors ADD’s and all other defects on Royal Jet Fleet and arrange for its rectification, including arranging of spares and tooling at the earliest opportunity.
- Monitor closely of operational problems related to the fleet, including significant occurrences/incidents, relevant SB’s/SL’s/SIL’s.
- Perform scheduled and unscheduled inspection, maintenance, modification, and defect rectification, carrying out all maintenance in accordance with the laid down procedures and ensuring all safety precautions are observed.
- Ensure and perform all maintenance and due items called up by Fleet Planner and MCC Controller in a timely manner.
- Provide information to Duty Supervisor on the serviceability status of the aircraft.
- Act as a point of contact on technical issues in case of AOG situation on one of the fleet and in conjunction with the MCC Controller, to provide troubleshooting guidance and advice.
- Supervise technicians and other maintenance workers on aircraft maintenance checks.
- Ensure MEO and PPM are followed and complied with while working on the aircraft.
- Exercise his license / approval in relation to the accomplishment of scheduled, unscheduled maintenance and rectification of defects, to ensure maintenance are accomplished to the required standards.
- Advise Duty Supervisor of any impending service disruptions, problems or areas of concern that may have an impact on the operating program. Keeping the Duty Supervisor informed of all his work performed during his duty period.
- Ensure staff under his immediate control adheres to published technical and safety requirements defined in MOE and PPM.
- Define priorities to the staff allocated to him to ensure that efficient use of resources are directed to an on time and safe flight departure.
- Ensure documentation and certification, are completed in a timely manner and to the defined procedures to meet Royal Jet requirements.
- Comply with Royal Jet MOE and PPM when working on aircraft and adhere to the procedure to ensure aircraft is released to service in accordance with local authority and other civil authority requirement.
- Report and compile technical Delay reports in a timely manner, reporting significant defects, discrepancies, incidents, accidents and events as required by the PPM.
- Ensures he or his Mechanics presence on arriving aircrafts and crews are suitably debriefed to ensure defects are accurately defined, and recorded.
- Reports to Maintenance Control Center- Controller / Manager when away from Base Act as a point of contact on technical issues in case of AOG situation on one of the fleet and in conjunction with the MCC Controller, to provide troubleshooting guidance and advice when away from Abu Dhabi Base.
- Liaison with third party agents, where necessary for the safe handling/engineering operation of Royal Jet aircraft while out from Abu Dhabi base.
- Valid UAE GCAA License, B1 & B2 License
- Type rated on BBJ (B737-700) or Global 5000/6000
- Full rating on at least two type of aircraft operated by Royal Jet
Familiarity with the EASA/FAA/UAE GCAA regulatory rules and requirements
- 10 Years’ experience in Aircraft Maintenance, 5 years of which as a Licensed Aircraft Engineer, preferably in a VVIP Maintenance environment.
Educated to a degree level in Aeronautical Engineering